Trusted Garage Door Repair Services for Abington Area Homes and Businesses
Garage Door Spring Repair Methods for Abington Homes
As a homeowner, you're no stranger to life's unexpected challenges, often striking at the least opportune moments. One such hassle is discovering your car stuck in the garage, especially if it hasn't been long since your last garage door repair. Platinum Pro Doors & Gates is here to help, adhering to the industry's best practices to ensure the most effective recommendations for homeowners every time we visit a garage. These practices can save you both time and money in the long term, and our customers always come first.
Effective Strategy #1 - Updating Both Springs
Commonly, garage doors have two springs that were installed concurrently. When one spring gives out, it's reasonable to assume that the other spring is nearing the end of its service life. To avert future problems, potential hazards, and garage door opener damage, Platinum Pro Doors & Gates typically recommends replacing both springs. Similar to replacing both tires on your car if one goes flat, proper maintenance of high-value equipment like garage doors and vehicles involves replacing both garage door springs.
Effective Strategy #2 - Choosing the Correct Springs
The wide variety of garage door weights and sizes calls for the use of suitable springs to achieve the right balance. If a technician uses an improper spring, it can cause damage to the garage door system and make the opener work harder than necessary. This can lead to premature opener malfunction and more repair requests. Attempting a DIY spring replacement is also hazardous for the same reason. Our Abington, MA technicians are committed to installing the correct springs for the door's weight and conducting a balance test to ensure their work.
Effective Strategy #3 - Performing a Security Check
In conjunction with every spring repair, Platinum Pro Doors & Gates presents a complimentary safety inspection, guaranteeing that all hardware and moving components on your door function effectively and fulfill safety requirements. Given that the hardware may have been installed when the springs were, it's feasible that some worn mechanical parts on your door are hazardous. A failing spring might indicate a more significant problem with your door. This is why we view offering a free safety inspection and preserving a secure environment for our customers as a best practice.
With our broad array of springs tailored to fit many garage door styles, we propose having a certified technician measure accurately and present an exact cost estimate. Get ahold of Platinum Pro Doors & Gates right away to receive a specialist's evaluation and price quote for your garage door spring repair.
Comparing Garage Door Openers: Which One is Right for You?
Chain Driven Openers
Frequently used in Abington, chain drive openers are dependable and operate the garage door on its track by employing a metal chain. These openers are a little less costly than belt drives. However, they are noisy, which can be an issue if your garage is located below or adjacent to your home's main living spaces. Due to the minor savings and the absence of a lifetime warranty provided by LiftMasterÂ® for belt drives, we usually do not recommend chain drive openers.
Ideal for Abington residents with high garage ceilings or those looking to free up ceiling space, jackshaft openers are mounted on the wall next to your garage door and connect to the torsion spring above it. While they are somewhat more expensive than ceiling-mounted openers, they provide a unique and space-saving solution.
Screw Driven Openers
Operating on a threaded steel rod instead of a chain or rubber belt, screw-driven openers work best in locations with consistent weather and temperatures throughout the year. However, for residents in Abington with variable weather patterns, a screw-driven opener may not be the most suitable option. These openers are the slowest, loudest, and most affordable of all three types. If you prioritize a quiet and fast opener, a screw-driven opener may not be the right choice for you.
Belt Driven Openers
Belt drive openers are highly regarded in the garage door industry as the top type of opener. They are not only as dependable as chain drives but are also virtually silent. Operating on a steel-reinforced belt, they are a bit more expensive than chain and screw drive openers. For Abington residents with attached garages or those close to bedrooms, a belt-driven opener guarantees you won't be bothered by garage door noise. Customers who opt for belt drive openers are often extremely satisfied and find it difficult to return to noisier chain openers.
10 Reasons That Make Platinum Pro Doors & Gates Your Ideal Choice
- Proven Experience: Our unrivaled know-how, characterized by a history of success and numerous pleased customers, ensures that our industry-leading professionals will manage your garage door needs with utmost efficiency.
- Comprehensive Product and Service Offerings: Platinum Pro Doors & Gates presents an extensive variety of products and services to meet your individual requirements. From bespoke doors to maintenance and installation services, we possess the right solution for every type of door or product you seek.
- Expertise and Professional Staff: Our team members possess both knowledge and professionalism. They recognize the value of exceptional customer service and strive to make your experience with them enjoyable. Whether it's answering your queries or offering advice on door maintenance, they're here to assist you.
- High-Quality Materials: By choosing only the best materials for your garage door, our company ensures it will be both durable and visually appealing. When you invest in a door from our garage door company in Abington, you can have peace of mind knowing you've made a wise choice.
- Safety: Our company is dedicated to making sure that your garage door is installed safely and correctly. This guarantees that the installation and maintenance of your overhead door follow the strictest protocols, providing a secure and safe environment for you and your loved ones.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: Platinum Pro Doors & Gates offers a wide range of affordable options for your garage door needs. You can find a solution that suits your budget, from installations and repairs to custom designs.
- Efficient Services: Time plays a crucial role in the repair or installation of doors and gates. A distinguished Abington company will guarantee that your needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Quality Guarantee: Our quality guarantee covers our services and products, making certain that any doors and gates repairs or installations adhere to the highest standards. This reassures you that your investment is secure.
- Warranty: We offer warranty protection for your investment, covering any malfunctions or accidental damages to your overhead door. This coverage helps to mitigate stress and financial concerns that may arise from a defective door.
- Exceeding Your Expectations: Platinum Pro Doors & Gates is dedicated to providing top-notch service for your garage doors and gates, and we aim to exceed your expectations with every interaction. Our team is knowledgeable and professional, ensuring that you receive the highest level of service possible.
Problems with Overhead Door Repair That We See Frequently
Broken Springs: If your garage door isn't functioning correctly, it could be due to broken springs. Inspect the condition of the springs to determine if they need repair.
Worn-out rollers: Garage door rollers can wear out over time and cause a noisy or stuck door. Regular inspection and maintenance are essential for proper functioning.
Panel Repair: When your garage door panels are damaged, it can be due to weather or regular wear and tear. Heavy impacts from vehicles or objects can also cause significant damage.
Misaligned Tracks: When your garage door starts to malfunction, it could be due to misaligned tracks. This can cause the door to get stuck or fall off its tracks entirely.
Faulty Opener: If you suspect a problem with your garage door opener, it's important to call a professional for inspection. Faulty openers can cause problems with the functionality and safety of your door.
Safety Sensor: A misaligned safety sensor is a common issue with garage doors. Objects or children can hit the sensor, causing it to shift out of place and affect the door's proper closure. To avoid this problem, it's crucial to pay attention to the sensor.
The Top Overhead Door Issues That Require RepairRotting: Wooden doors that aren't sealed or treated properly can rot over time, leading to weakened doors that may collapse eventually.
Sagging: The weight of a wooden gate can cause it to sag, which is a prevalent issue. To prevent this problem, you need to use heavy-duty hardware and ensure that the posts are adequately secured.
Pests: Wooden doors are vulnerable to pest infestations, which is another potential problem to consider, including termites and carpenter bees. Inspect your wooden doors frequently to detect any signs of infestation.
Hinges: When the hinges on your overhead door become damaged or misaligned, opening and closing it can become difficult. Fortunately, this is a simple repair that a professional can usually fix quickly.
Frames: A damaged or bent garage door frame can cause instability in the whole structure, which is a severe safety issue. Promptly replacing or repairing the affected frames is critical.
Rollers: Your gate's rollers play a critical role in its proper functioning. If they are damaged or worn out, you may face difficulty in opening and closing the gate. Replacing them is a simple repair that can resolve the issue.
Warping: Exposure to extreme weather conditions can cause overhead doors to warp and become misshapen. Hot or cold temperatures are the primary culprits.
Fading: Sun exposure and weather conditions can cause your gate's color to fade over time. To maintain the new look of your garage door, consider repainting it every few years.
Rusting: Rusting is a frequent issue that arises due to exposure to moisture or humidity. Especially if you live in a humid location, it's essential to inspect your overhead door for any rust indications.
Installation: The improper installation of a garage door can cause many problems. It can be dangerous and unstable, requiring swift attention.
Is Your Abington Garage Door No Longer Functioning? Why Replacement May Be the Answer
Although replacing your garage doors from a strict sale / resale perspective is a no-brainer, you might be wondering what other reasons there are for homeowners in Abington to replace their overhead doors. Here are some of them:
Silence Garage Door Noise
Garage doors can be quite noisy during opening and closing operations, which can be a significant concern for homeowners who have bedrooms located near or above the garage. If you're looking for a noiseless solution, Platinum Pro Doors & Gates offers ultra-quiet nylon hinges that ensure a smooth and quiet garage door operation.
Emphasize Safety and Security
In Abington, many burglars enter homes through overhead doors. Are you confident that your garage door can resist attempts at forced entry? Additionally, older doors may not include safety features like automatic reversal.
Your garage door is likely the biggest moving object in your home, and it's also the most inefficient in terms of energy use. Replacing it with an insulated overhead door can reduce energy costs and transfer of hot and cold air.
Augment Your Home's Curb Appeal
Take note of the size of your garage doors in relation to your home's front. Upgrading them in Abington can greatly improve your home's curb appeal without costing a fortune.
Most Common Questions from Our Abington, MA Customers Addressed
Should I consider hiring a professional for my new garage door installation?
Garage door installation is a highly technical process that shouldn't be attempted as a DIY project. The size and complexity of a garage door, along with its many small parts, make it the largest moving item in your home. Connecting the springs can be especially hazardous, and the proper installation is key to the door's functionality. Professional garage door installers can finish the job quickly and safely. In contrast, most homeowners will likely take much longer and experience frustration. Additionally, an incorrect installation may void some warranties, so we advise having a professional complete the job. They can also dispose of your old door if you're replacing it.
Is an insulated door the right choice for a garage that is not insulated?
Insulated garage doors can help reduce the transfer of heat or cold air into your garage through the large garage door opening, which is important because:
- Insulated doors outperform non-insulated doors in both interior appearance and noise reduction.
- When utilizing your garage as a workshop, comfort should be a main concern.
- Insulated doors help maintain consistent temperatures in the room above when the garage is beneath another room.
- Insulated doors stop air from the garage from entering your living space.
Benefits and drawbacks of steel and wood garage doors?
Platinum Pro Doors & Gates's steel doors typically require less upkeep than wood doors. They come pre-painted with a baked-on coating from the factory. We suggest cleaning the door's exterior with a common household detergent and warm water at least once a year. Our wood doors are unfinished and must be primed, painted, or stained on all six sides upon delivery. We recommend visually examining the paint or stain finish on wood doors once a year to see if it requires another application.
Would it be feasible to change my one-piece garage door to a sectional garage door?
Your professional garage door dealer/installer can install a sectional door by fitting track and springs to accommodate the door. Depending on your garage's construction, other modifications may be necessary. To ensure all required adjustments are made, it's best to have your Abington, MA dealer evaluate the job before installation.
Can I paint my new garage door to match my house's color scheme?
At Platinum Pro Doors & Gates, our steel doors are pre-painted with a baked-on coating that can be repainted using a range of commercially available latex exterior paints. It's important to follow the paint manufacturer's instructions and avoid oil-based paints.